Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2nd week

What a week! So last week one of the girls from my work asked for a kiss on the lips. Not positive how to handle this, culturally, I asked my host mom looking for some advice. Instead she freaked out and called my schools director. Of course he freaked out as well and demanded we go to my work and have a meeting on Monday. I felt that the problem was really innocent and it would work itself out so Sunday night I called Chris again trying to convince him against the meeting. The only thing he agreed to was that the girl would not be included n the meeting. Monday morning comes along and Chris is 1/2hr late meeting us at the school and when he gets there he tells us we have to wait a minimum of an hour because there is horrible traffic outside. So I’m going crazy and they just keep making me wait. Finally we get to my work and have the meeting. One good thing came out of it and that was I learned the girls history. I think it is important to have some sort of history since we are going to be spending so much time together. But I can honestly say this was the first week in six months that I’ve wanted to go home. I’ve been through a lot these six months so that statement is really saying something.
On a brighter note simultaneously with all this stress something really exciting is going on in my life. I was recently engaged in December so now all the exciting future plans are being discussed. Not really wedding plans because we are going to wait 1.5 years but where we are going to live, holiday plans, family plans and just future thinking.
Where to live used to be an easy question because I believed I could live anywhere. Up till now I’ve lived in almost every situation; freezing arctic, dry desert, rainy California, tropics, quito’s altitude, and immense city. The statement holds true that I could live anywhere but I know now that the difference is I wouldn’t want to live anywhere………more specifically here/a place like here.
....................................

No comments: