Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sick of being sick


Can I just say being sick SUCKS! hahah I've been sick for the past week and a half. After going to the doctor three times they finally decided to prescribe me some meds :D so I'm on the track to recovery! Oh and can I say I know my body better than anyone else. I suggested the two things I could possible have the first time I went to the doctor......they said nah prob not the case.............many days later, after 4days of having a fever over 101 oh guess what you have pneumonia and infections in both ears! Hello? did I not say that when I came in the first time? Oh well I'm just happy that I finally am getting better.


On a very happy note I am pleased to share with you that I GOT ACCEPTED to the study abroad program that I applied for. I'll be studying in the Galapagos this fall semester with a focus in marine biology. Then hopefully over christmas break I will be able to meet my argentina family in brasil for the holidays. And In january I will return to Ecuador to study spanish in Guayaquil. Its one of the biggest cities there....2million people :O !!! I am super excited that I have this opportunity as just a sophmore :) Now I'll be working my butt off to make some money. If you have any ideas of a job or scholarships/grants I could apply for please give me the heads up! Thanks <3>


This poem is about my love of hot chocolate and how a hug can mean so much.


Bittersweet chocoate

frothy warm milk

a cube or two of sugar

residing in one saphire mug

Homogenized by that silver spoon

I see him from across the room

our eyes meet

a silent hello

we find ourselves looking at eachother again

I flash him a smile

asking permission for his embrace

like one tests their cup of hot chocolate

I wait for his smile to let me know i won't burn my tongue

casually we make our way twords eachother

one blows on the rich liquid while it rests in that silver spoon

until its safe to let it run down the throat

warming the body.

his body slowly warms me up

his irresistable aroma finds its way inside my mind

we hold our embrace

the marshmellows slowly begin to melt

as the tongue traps it between the roof of the mouth, the tough center can still be found

As I begin to melt he tightens his embrace

letting me know he's not going anywhere

sip by sip the hot chocolate is emptied from the mug and fills the stomach

as the bottom of the mug becomes visible the richest chocolate enters the body

his arms loosen

a quick kiss on the head lets me know he cares

one last tight squeeze before its over

an empty saphire mug sits on the table beside it rests a silver spoon

the body overwhelmed with a warm comfort

the bittersweet chocolate bites the tongue because the moment is over too soon

the mind in a euhoric state, dreaming of the next mug of delectable hot chocolate

Hot Embrace 11/16/09

1 comment:

Amber said...

Kneen, I LOVE this one! It really put me in another place at another time. Perfect. Thanks.