Sunday, November 14, 2010

sometimes we all need to feel small

The ocean has enough water to dilute any problem upon which my boat sails
Even if every piece of salt was an obstacle to cross, sailing here I know that each one is very small and each one can be dissolved.
The magnificent waves crash upon the worried rocks which harbor my islands of dreams
Sandy beaches, the dreams within reach, await my wet landing
With time I will learn how to mount my dreams that lay upon islands with daunting cliffs
I lay out on the deck which has been weathered by the salt of the sea
My eye on the horizon where the sun slowly begins to tuck itself in, leaving us with skies painted pink and orange
A peaceful caress before it leaves us for the night.
While the sun is at bay the starlit sky leads me to new lands
A shooting star reminds me to expect the unexpected
I slowly drift off to a land of dreams with the steady motion of the give and take
With the sunrise’s kiss I open my eyes to find that although I was at rest everything continued in motion.
Some fear this sense of insignificance but it brings me comfort
If I am only a small part of this picture the things that make up who I am are even smaller.
My fears, wants, failures…….all just a tiny tiny speck of a stunning image.

No comments: