Saturday, May 29, 2010

the little things

I'm not sure where this came from it just came out...I can't decide if it makes sense or not but frankly I don't really care :D

Its te little things that put a smile on my face
The way the stream of water trickles off the rock beside a waterfall
the distinct colors of the river
The way his hand sneak around my waist when he surprises me from behind
The way the clouds tease the mountain peaks, hanging just out of their reach
The way his breath caresses my skin when he tells me a secret
the Way n eagle glides across the expanse of blue sky
How his goodbye kiss is like the stamp on the envelope taking me away
the way the wind sends fall leaves pirouetting across green lawns
How his arms protect me from nightmares @ night
The way a rainbow appears when least expected
How a feeling of happiness surges through my body when i hear his name
Its the little things
the way the world exposes its quirks
How he has grown to be
the way
the how
the little things that spark smile
A smile that could light the path home for the lost soul
bring joy to a complete stranger
give hope to the misguided
the smile that will remind me everyday I am away of what could have been
and what can be
The one that will catch your eye in a crowded airport and make you wonder what went wrong
maybe the one which will lead you back to me
or the one that gives you the strength to move on
my smile is fueled by the how and the way
and will never fade away
enjoy it in pictures of my many travels
or take me by the hand and claim it as you own
what makes you smile?

No comments: